Replacing your roof can feel like an overwhelming task, especially when you’re unsure of which contractor to choose! Selecting the right company is critical. There are a lot of factors to consider when you’re finding the company that will meet your needs. We’ve taken the time to prepare a list of questions you should ask as you contemplate:
1. Is your contractor local and licensed? Be sure to ask for proof! Contractors that are licensed will have no problem showing you.
2. What does your contractor’s customer service look like? Ask for referrals from past customers or take the time to read reviews online from multiple sources, such as BBB and Google.
3. What is the underlayment being used for foundation of roof? Make sure the strength is checked that it can pass a liquid transmission test, is waterproof, is UV resistant for 6 months, get an exact temperature range that it can handle, is recyclable, has a lifetime warranty, etc.
4. What type of warranty does your contractor offer and what does it cover? Compare the warranty that is being offered to competitors. Key factors to look for include how quickly the contractor responds to claims, if you must provide proof of cause, if improper installation is covered, repair limitations, if the interior is also covered, limits of the roof size, change in building usage, if the warranty is transferrable to a new owner, the length of warranty, and more.
5. How stable and reliable are they? Are other companies able to back up your contractor’s reputation?
6. Does your contractor have insurance to ensure you don’t get caught with another claim? This is another item that your contractor should be able to present if asked. If they are unwilling to show you, choose another company.
7. How many jobs can your contractor handle at a time? Ask this to get an idea of how far out your project may be.
8. Can your contractor identify storm damage and know its effects? Contractors that are properly trained should be able to easily assess whether your roof has been affected by storm damage.
9. Does your contractor know how to work with insurance companies? There are a few items that need to be agreed on: how big the structure is, what damage has happened to the structure, and what program will this data be stored in.
10. Is your investment in good hands? Be sure the company you’re working with is meeting your needs in a timely and professional manner.
We hope these questions will help you be diligent when searching for a roofing contractor! At Aspen Contracting, we hold ourselves to a higher standard and would love the chance to assist with your project. Let us show you #AspenDifference by contacting us at 877-784-ROOF!